This page looks at the Java Grande Forum to be held May 9-10, Palo Alto, California and discusses its importance in the general framework of the application. While much of the information in the archives was not retrievable, there is enough to rebuild this page into a useful knowledgebase to further the importance and versatility of the Java programming language and the many popular applications that have been created using it.
There are several forum topics of discussion that will provide an insight into the relevance and importance of the various applications and uses to which this forum applies:
- Local Radio: This looks at some of the local radio enthusiasts and their projects from the interesting radio and sub radio applications to the more broadly accepted ham radio applications.
- Blogging: A new area of Internet use that allows users to keep an online journal of their progress in whichever field they choose, without having the financial burden of having to acquire and host their own website domain. This promises to grow in popularity over the coming years.
- Disability Apps: This is an areas that provides a voice for certain disability views and opinions that affect such areas of the workforce in any company, especially those engaged in computer based work which can be more readily undertaken by people with limited mobility issues.
- Mobile Platforms: With the growth in mobile cell phones and advancements being made in technology that drives them, there is scope for the production of mobile-ready applications to take full advantage of thsi growing area of the industry.
- Solar Technology: No forum on any kind of technology would be complete without reference to the advancing properties of solar photovoltaic technology and the major beneits this is and will continue to be bringing to the world and its power needs.